Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I meant to get around to posting yesterday, but I was too busy partying! Ha ha! I'm just kidding. I was spending the day with Sean and Alice. I also spent a good portion of the day resting and in bed. My lower back, pelvis, and pubic bone have been killing me. I have pain killers, but I'm not too keen on taking them unless I absolutely need them. I took some yesterday and today.

We stayed home last night, and went to bed early. Well Sean and Alice did...I didn't fall asleep until about 3. Then I slept in until 11, thanks to my wonderful husband!

We got a lot done around here today. Christmas decorations are put up, laundry is caught up (almost), and we have been cleaning, picking up, and organizing. Sean and I discussed about him going in to driving at UPS. He is set on it this time, and says we will be moving to a condo when he does switch to full time. We'll see how that goes.

Our family goal (or resolution) is to simplify. Either use it, sell it, or chuck it. We are getting rid of the crap. That will make our lives and home less cluttered. I'm trying to convince Sean to let me hold on to all of Alice's old clothes. You know, wait several years and see what happens or what we decide. I can always turn around and sell them, donate them, or give them away. Or a combination of that. I seriously have EVERY single girl item that his sisters' had for their girls. So very large totes each with every size clothing (0-3, 3-6, and so on).

My personal goals for this year:
•Blog more. I won't say every day, but how about averaging 60% of the time. Who knows what life will be like once Sprout gets here! (I bet my blog becomes horrendous due to sleep deprivation!)
•Get more organized. Find a place for everything and return it there when done. (mostly Alice's toys, but there are other things)
•Get Alice on a schedule. I believe this will be the first thing accomplished, as I've been working on this for awhile.
•Finish Alice's cross-stitch birth announcement before she turns two. I started it when I found out we were having a girl, and still haven't finished! Start on Sprout's and get it done before his first birthday (yes, I realize that could go through to next year).

I hope you had a wonderful, safe New Years! Here is to a year full of blessings, happiness, and our growing friendships!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think you've got a good list of goals. You can do it!

Danifred said...

I love those goals! I am on the eternal quest to simplify!