Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

Lets just get right to it today.

•Today has been a seriously lazy day. I am so tired. I have taken a nap with Alice the past two or three days. I imagine this will probably keep up. I'm just so exhausted. I don't remember being this tired when pregnant with Alice, but I wasn't caring for a SUPER active 16 month old then.
•I'm probably so tired because I don't sleep well. Between going to the bathroom every two to three hours, the cat climbing on me, and Alice and her night terrors, it really is no wonder.
•Sean signed the list to go into driving. He went and took several tests today (and passed). He has two more to take tomorrow. I'm just going to pray that if this is meant to be, then it will happen.
•I wrote about Alice's obsession the other day. It is now worse, if that is possible. She has claimed MY blanket as hers and will not allow me to touch it anymore!
•I wrote yesterday about needing to come up with a plan (or two) for Alice when I go into labor. I posted about it on FB. My momster-in-law replied to it and pretty much made me feel like I was two feet tall. Basically, she told me to relax, not worry about it, eat ice cream and pray. You know, because that is soooo far off and we have all the time in the world!
• And while I'm at it, can I point out that there is a difference between "early labor" and going into labor "early". One implies that you have the baby very early. The other implies that the baby comes before the due date. Does that make sense, or am I crazy?
•And she said that they'd "take" Alice. Umm, no, you will not. You live two hours away, my child doesn't know you that well, and I'm not comfortable with her staying the night at anyone's home other than hers.
•While I have you all here, I'm needing advice on double strollers. I really like the Graco Quattro Tour Duo. Does anyone know if the Snugride 35 fits in the stroller? What stroller do you like and recommend?

For more FNL, visit Danifred, and don't forget to leave a comment!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I hear you about the fatigue- I am right there! If I don't get a nap when Weston does- I am in rare form for the rest of the day!

I think we have our plans and contingent plans worked out for when I go into labor. My mom lives 16+ hours away and my in-laws 2 hours away, but I have great friends just down the street...they said they'd be on call. I can hear/feel your stress about your situation- I hope you can work it out!

I am trying to avoid the double stroller...Weston will be 2 when baby is born... I will carry baby in front carrier for several months and then hopefully this summer, Weston will be up for walking the whole way- or just riding in a wagon? I know that is optimistic- we'll see how it plays out.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm definitely going to need a picture of Alice and all her obsession items.

Danifred said...

Sadly, we never got the double stroller. I've got nothing in that department.
I love (not) people who are full of comments, but never any suggestions or helpful advice.
Hang in there and I hope you're able to squeeze in a nap or two today!

Carrie27 said...

Didn't you know that praying makes things happen? I'm still waiting on a few million dollars to hit my account.

I had to get a triple stroller, but went with a sit and stand type. A little over a year with that big stroller, and we got a side by side umbrella type for the twins.