Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ahh, Bliss!

My "pampered" episode continued today. Sort of. I still made breakfast, dinner, and bathed Alice. I was able to take a three hour nap this afternoon! Yes, three hours! I have no idea if Alice slept at all during that period or not. I was just so tired and in pain, so I retreated to bed. I do think Sean and Alice came in and napped for a bit, or at least came in and watched part of the Bears/Seahawks game because it was still on when I woke up.

I also was able to (wait for it)...

Take a shower by myself this evening!!!

That deserves its own paragraph because that hardly ever happens. It is just easier to put Alice in with me, and let her play while I dry my hair. Oh, how nice it was! I was able to stand there and let the hot water beat down on me. There was no pushing, grunting, or fussing because I was in someone's way. There wasn't umpteen million toys to step on, trip over, or be hit with. I had forgotten how nice and relaxing a shower can be. I thought it was just a way to get clean!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love it when I get to take a shower without someone pretending that my legs are the elevator doors.

Lindsay said...

I like the new format! :o)

Danifred said...

A 3 hour nap AND a shower sounds like bliss!!!

Carrie27 said...

You deserved every minute of it.