Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year End Wrap-Up

What a year it has been! This time last year, we were struggling to find an affordable daycare situation. With the hours we were working, a typical daycare was out of the question. I had found a few ladies to watch Alice, but we were paying $100 a day. Yes, really! I finally found a family friend, Jennifer, and she agreed to watch her for $50. Still not great, but WAY better. At least, I wasn't breaking the bank to work. The original plan was to go back for my 30 days. However, I found out they were going to lay us off before the end of the year, so Sean and I agreed I should stick it out.

We got pregnant the very end of June. I tested July 7, because I had the same early symptoms that I had with Alice. My brother and SIL had their first child July 9, so I "officially" became an aunt that day! Jennifer moved the end of July, and that made my already insane commute, absolutely ridiculous! Three hours to more than four or five is just too much, so I jokingly told my sister she should come home to help out. She did! The first day she was to start watching Alice, we were in a car accident on the way to the house. Some young kid rear-ended us on a state road. We were stopped completely and getting ready to turn, but he wasn't paying attention. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured. I am still in PT due to lower back injuries (never did get an X-ray due to the pregnancy).

My last day of work was September 2, and I couldn't be happier with being able to spend each day with Alice. Sure, there are days I REALLY want a break, but this is the most fulfilling job ever! I'm still struggling with the unemployment office and the supplemental benefit company that pays out my severance. Hopefully that will be remedied in the next month. Getting 1/3 of what I should be getting really stinks, but that is a post of it's own. Fingers crossed that everything gets worked out soon!

Alice and I went out to see my sister in Boston in early-mid November. I consider myself a road-trip queen after that drive with just me and her (and baby in my belly!). We had a blast! I wish I could have stayed a little longer, but all of my appointments did not allow that. I drove straight through on the way home (16 1/2 hour drive), so I feel I can do anything now *wink*.

The holidays were wonderful! We got to see everyone in the family between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that was wonderful! We have been extremely blessed this year. We have our health, family and friends, and our ever growing love for each other! I cannot wait to see what 2011 brings! I know the baby will be here in the next two and a half months (give or take), and I'm so excited to meet him!

I hope that 2011 in an extremely happy, healthy, and blessed year for all of you and your families! I also hope that our friendship will continue to grow!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad you had a great year! I hope next year is good too.

Danifred said...

Isn't it amazing how much can change in a year? I hope 2011 is the best yet for you!