Monday, January 10, 2011

Feline Terrorists

I think nesting has kicked in. Though I'm not sure I can technically say that when I have, essentially, sat around on my bum all day.

Yesterday, I did four or five loads of laundry. I washed all of the 0-3 month clothes for the little man. I changed out all of Alice's clothes. She no longer fits in any of the 12 month stuff. I put all of that in a tote, and it is ready to go upstairs.

I cleaned the bathroom. It is more clean (or well it was) than ever. I think I'm going to have to clean and vacuum the floor in there at least once a day. The cats are gross! Of course, if my husband would change the litter more than once a week, this may not be a problem. It drives me nuts! I'm about to go buy a mask (I already have gloves) and take care of it myself. Along with a hood. That would help with them flicking litter out.

Seriously, I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd prefer a puppy than indoor cats. Sure, they make messes and chew up stuff, but you can put them in a crate and train them. It is pointless trying to "train" cats. I spray them with water and they run off, presumably to plot their next terrorist attack upon my house.

And Gretchen...can I pee in solitude? What about trying to sleep? This cat is stuck to me like glue. She lays on my belly (which I don't mind), my head (irritating), and face (makes me contemplate seeing how far I can throw her!). Oh and don't get me started on her new thing of "attacking" and chewing on my hair. How in the world does a cat get its claws stuck in your hair!!

Oh, and Mortimer has this really bad habit of getting up on the kitchen counter. Gretchen has a few times, but 99% of the time it is him. I have sprayed him, yelled at him, and threatened to beat him but he doesn't care. I'm pretty sure he runs off, and curses me in feline while cleaning himself. All the while, watching to see when I'm not in the kitchen, so he can get his "litter box" feet all over the counter, stove, and clean dishes! Oh the dish drainer...when he gets up there and there are dishes, I LOSE my mind! Yay, just what I wanted to do is re-wash CLEAN dishes!

Don't get me wrong. I like the felines. It just seems that they are a bit too much to handle some days (most days) now that I'm getting huge. And who (besides them) thinks it is "acceptable" to feed an animal at 3:30 in the morning? Certainly not me. Especially when they have dry food they can eat.

While I'm sure I'm going to jinx myself, but at least they haven't peed or pooped outside of the litter box! And they can be cuddly.



No comments: