Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers


I'm still having trouble getting the Friday Night Leftovers button in here.

•Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

•Have any of your friends ever forgotten your birthday? I have two friends (mother and daughter) who routinely "forget" my birthday. They were both on FB yesterday and didn't even send me a message, or text or call me. And these "friends" consider me their best friend. Hmm. Should I also mention that they owe me a few hundred dollars, which I'm sure I'll never ever see. But I don't care about that. They could at least try to remember me :/ since I'm such a good friend to them.

•It is amazing how messy my house gets while we are sleeping. I woke up to Alice's toys everywhere and her dirty clothes scattered around the house! Newspaper scattered and torn. Gee, thanks, felines!

•Today I will start holiday baking and goodies. On the agenda: sugar cookies, dipped pretzel rods, brownies, snickerdoodles, and maybe turtles if I can get to the store!

•My husband has a bad habit of starting the washing machine, but never putting anything in said machine. So my laundry day now includes his stuff as well! I should say that he normally does his own laundry, but I have been doing it lately. You know, trying to be nice and all! ;)

•Sean and I are planning on going out to dinner and a movie this weekend to celebrate both of our birthdays, if we can find someone to watch Alice.

•It is nice having our birthdays so close, sometimes. I have a twin brother, so I grew up sharing a day with someone else. And now I get to share with Sean! His birthday is Tuesday and he will be 40! Big birthdays for both of us this year!

•Oh, and no one has answered the quote/person from the pancake syrup I made. See here for the quote. I think it is in the second or third paragraph. Winner gets apple pancakes and apple cider syrup! You have to come here, or I can just give you the recipe! Of course, I could always send the winner some goodies that I make too! I know at least two of you (Lindsay and Jen!) probably know who said the quote and from what show!

For more leftovers visit Danifred and share some comment love over the weekend!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Obviously Gilmore Girls. But I don't remember who said it. Sookie?

Lindsay said...

ACK! I'm so far behind on blogs, even yours! It's GG, of course! Lorelai. PANCAKES, PLEASE.

I've had friends forget my birthday. And parents... but never sisters! :o)

Say, will there be any of that stuff left come Lindsay Time? And can we make puppy chow? They keep showing it on commercials, and it's making me hungry. Ooh, and monkey bread! I'm going to get fat...

Danifred said...

I have no clue on the quote. I haven't been able to sit and watch TV for sooooo long! But, all that food talk does sound delicious!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Visiting from Friday Night Leftovers and now following.

Love the blog - now I want to eat sugar cookies. You and the Scentsy candle burning in the other room with Sugar Cookie scent are trying to tell me something...