Monday, May 31, 2010

Stuck on you

I have been extremely busy the past few days. Truthfully, it isn't that I was so much busy (though we were), but any free time I had was taken up by a certain baby who was stuck to me like glue.

Thursday, we met my dad and went shopping at Babies R Us for my SIL's baby shower. I spent way more than I planned, but I decided to get some things for Alice to give. I don't know how all of you registered for baby showers, but I wanted to beat my head against a wall by the time we left there. I have never seen so many pacifiers, etc. in my life. AND I HAVE A BABY! Then we went to Noodles & Co. for dinner. I love that place!

Friday, I finally got my hair cut. It looks and feels so much better. I think I got about 3 inches cut off. I dropped Alice off with Sean before my appt. I met him at the insurance office to pay the premium on Alice's life insurance, and while I was writing the check Alice slammed in to their magazine rack and busted it. Of course, she got a nasty bruise/welt on her cheek, but she won the fight ;) Then we hung out at Monica's for a bit and she got to play with the girls.

Saturday was the baby shower. It started at 11:30 so we had to leave the house an hour earlier. Alice normally doesn't get up until 10:30-11 and goes back down about 12 until 1. So you can probably see where this is going. She was tired and a tad fussy; which even when she is fussy she is still much better than most babies. Of course, she isn't familiar with any of them (including my SIL and mom) so she was stuck on me for awhile. My mom was in her face and picking her up... and Alice would scream, cry, and try to get away. Of course, my mom blames me for all of that, but that is a post for another day. That evening, we went to our former neighbor's for a cookout.

Sunday, Alice and I stayed home and tried to avoid race traffic. Alice slept most of the day. I think she was just catching up on the day before. We did manage to get outside for a few hours and play in the grass!

So that brings us to today. I am trying to play catch up on chores, but I still have a baby glued to me. So I'm just getting done what I can. I figure everything can wait. She won't always want to be carried or in my arms. I'm just enjoying it for now!

I should note, I'm on my phone so I won't post pictures today. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Memorial weekend. Thank you to all the men and women(past and present) who have served or are serving our country. Thank you for all you do, and all you have gave! God bless you and your families.

2 comments:

Megan said...

You are right- she won't always want to be carried. Cherish it. And remember- chores are always there the next day!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Elizabeth has a hard time with strangers too, even if they are related to her.