Monday, May 17, 2010

Sooooo Tired

It is a nasty, rainy Monday here. The forecast calls for rain all week. I wish I could blame my fatigue on the weather... though it sure isn't helping. Apparently, Alice has decided to quit sleeping and just nap. I never got the memo.

Saturday night, Alice went to bed at approximately 1:15 am. She slept for less than two hours before she was back in bed with us. She and I were up all night, or at least it felt like we were. I know part of the reason I am so tired is because my body doesn't get a break from producing milk. I have more convenient hours than most places. Sean, being the wonderful husband he is, let us sleep in Sunday. Sweet, right? Yes and no. See we didn't get up until 11:30. Do you see where this is going?
We are caught in a nasty cycle now. I started to put Alice down last night about 10:30, after her bath. She fell asleep and I carried to her crib. As soon as I put her down, she was back up screaming and crying. So we went back to our bed. 30 minutes later, I attempted to put her in her crib again... same thing. So back to our bed... and so on and so forth until 1:30. Then I got to wash and sterilize bottles and shower. I think it was almost 3 before I went to bed. Alice woke up about 3:50 and was back in bed with us. Ugh! I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel... I just can't see even a glint of it from here.

I will try to post pictures of the kitties tomorrow. Along with Alice's new shoes. My dad took us shopping and out to an early dinner yesterday. He bought Alice 5 pairs of shoes. I tried telling him that she will just outgrow them, like next week, but he insisted. I did manage to get 3 pairs in the next size up, so hopefully that will last until her birthday at least.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

We are also having sleeping issues, which is totally out of character for Bean. Maybe it's the change in pressure with all this rain?!? (Or so I'm hoping so that it ends SOON!)