Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day...

...to all the beautiful Mothers* out there! I hope that your husbands, fathers, daughters, sons, mothers, grandparents, and all other loved ones made your day lovely!

I would have posted this yesterday, but I was extremely busy. I know a lot of you moms out there realize that a mother's work is never done. I slept in a bit (Thanks Alice!!!) and woke up to Sean making me breakfast (nothing fancy; just an omelet and coffee). He also got me a box of chocolates. I could complain about this, but I'm really just surprised that he got me anything. And while I can think of a million other things that I would like more, I'm just really flattered that he got me something! I love you, Sean!

Back to my day... I proceeded to do umpteen-million loads of laundry. Okay, it was more like 12, but still. I completely spring-cleaned the bathroom (EVERYTHING-including blinds, curtains, shower liner/curtain, walls, etc.). We could eat on any surface in our bathroom, if we wanted. Not that I would allow that, but just sayin'.

I started spring cleaning in the living room. Mostly, I only got the area rug cleaned (been wanting to do this for a LONG time) and put up Alice's swing (again, been meaning to do this for a few months). Then I organized Alice's toys and the bookshelf with all the movies/books. Of course, they are no longer in the order I put them in, as Alice has a fascination with pulling everything off the bookshelf.

Then Alice and I went outside, where I planted a ton of bulbs and seeds in my newly tilled "flower bed" (it is all around the barn). And then the biggest project... clean out my car. WOAH! I have been meaning to do this for months... perhaps over a year. I vacuumed, cleaned the windowns, cleaned the carpet/upholstery/ceiling, and it looks sooooo good.

My father came over mid car cleaning, and I proceeded to clean his windows and vacuum out his car. Then he grilled steaks for us (I made scalloped potatoes, broccoli, and carrots)... and we ate a very good dinner. He brought over lemon meringue pie for dessert. YUCK! I HATE meringue. I don't know what it is about it, but I can't stand it. I didn't say anything to him. I just ate it (or tried to-I gave most of the meringue to Alice... I *think* she liked it). Actually, I do know what it is about meringue that I don't like... the texture. It is like tapioca in my mouth (another thing I DO NOT like).

So I didn't have a relaxing day, but I got a lot of stuff done that I wanted and had been meaning to do for awhile. Today, I am incredibly sore. But my car is clean!

How was your Mother's Day? Or if you aren't a mother*, what did you do for the mothers in your life?


*And by mothers, I mean any woman who has had a child, become pregnant (regardless of the outcome-we just ended Infertility Awareness week), or any woman who mothers/babies/takes care of you.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I had a nice mother's day. Tom made strawberry pancakes (mmm...) and turkey sausage and then after a morning hike Weston took an AWESOME nap. We had friends over in the afternoon...I stressed a bit about getting picked up and ready- but it was a relaxed day. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished! That is a great feeling too!

Danifred said...

Sometimes I think getting stuff accomplished is the best thing to do to "relax" Does that make sense?

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you!