Friday, May 14, 2010

Seven Quick Takes

I have stolen this idea from my sister... thanks Lindsay!

1. Alice's eye was a bit oozy/pussy last night and this morning, so I called the pediatrician. Apparently, that is all part of the healing process and does not require medical intervention (unless it gets worse).

2. I think it is about time to break out the air conditioners in our house. No, we don't have central air... we are in a very OLD farmhouse. Last night, our house was 75 degrees, and all of central Indiana was sticky/humid/muggy. Ugh!

3. Sean told me today that we need to plan something. I asked him what he meant. He said, "Like go somewhere and do something. We can bring Alice. I don't mind taking her along." Well, I'm glad we clarified that :) I don't know what we would have done with Alice if she wasn't invited. So I'll let you know how this potential trip somewhere develops.

4. I have made my own facial toner. I think it may be the new cure for breakouts. Seriously! I have never had really bad skin, but I still get a few pimples/zits from time to time. I will be using it for the next 60 days and let you know what I think. So far, I have not had a single blemish. I may be looking for some test subjects in the near future.

5. My manager described our sentiments about our job to his manager by saying, "It is like being pregnant. You know that 9th month comes, and you are just done. You want that baby to come out, but you don't know when it will happen. We are essentially in labor." Umm, yes, a man said this. About our jobs. To his female boss. I know I need to go in to more detail about getting laid off, but that is a post for another day.

6. I have been thinking about what I want to do while I'm staying at home. I'm sure I will be plenty busy with Alice, but there are a few things I would like to do, such as: learn to sew (and eventually make dresses and other things), start making headbands, go back to school (though I think this will be put on hold for at least a year or two), and conquer the world. Seriously, I have a list of things that I want to do... and quite a few of them could help supplement my lack of income.

7. I rescheduled my rescheduled hair appointment. If I am forced to reschedule this next one, I am just going to cut my own hair! Lets hope that I am not forced to go through with that!

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Sewing baby dresses is fun. There are some easy patterns online for free.

Danifred said...

There are about a million, gazillion things I wish I could do, so I want to live vicariously through you. Can you also learn to knit hats and make sure to share every step along the way?