Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wits End

Yes, that is about where I'm at with Alice. I hate saying that. I really do. She is just too much of a handful. Plus she is now Daddy's girl. Mama is no longer fun. Sean is only working a few hours in the evening at UPS, but for those few hours all Alice does is scream, kick, throw stuff, and hit. She just wants her Daddy.

I can't say I blame her. I'm no fun. I just want to put my feet up and relax. I am now swelling very badly. So I do need to keep off my feet as much as possible. I'm more swollen in the mornings, than I was by the end of the day with Alice's pregnancy. My fingers and toes look like sausage links. I no longer have ankles. My blood pressure was still low today (125/85) but that is kind of high for me. I'm normally around 110/60. I doubt I have pre-eclampsia but you never know.

Anyway, I was talking about Alice. She starts acting up shortly after Sean leaves. She screams and kicks me when I change her diaper. She hits me. She screams and screams and screams. Then she starts throwing things, often at me. I know she is frustrated with me. Heck, I'm frustrated with me. I wish I could be more fun and a better mommy right now. I just have to get through this week and next, and then he is on vacation. Then Alice can have as much of her Daddy as she wants! I'm just afraid of what she will go through when he starts driving, and is (most likely) working nights. Hopefully by then I'll be able to be more fun.

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Aw, sorry you're feeling that way. Hopefully things get a lot easier once your hubby is home to give her some super active play!

Danifred said...

Oh, I've so been there. Actually, I go there often. It's not easy, this parenthood crap. :)

Carrie27 said...

I had pree with both pregnancies, very scary.

I'm all fine with them wanting to be more playful with daddy, but when they can't be there it's more than annoying.