Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Catching

Apparently I am not the only one nesting around here. Sean came home with a new couch. Well, the people owned it for six months and were moving and didn't have room for it. It is really nice, and looks brand new.

So he and I cleaned up the living room, rearranged furniture, and got rid of our old couch. The new couch doesn't match our love-seat or recliner, but I can get a slipcover for the love-seat. The couch is a chocolate corduroy, so the black recliner looks a bit funny, but it is across the room. Quite frankly, I don't care.

Our next project is to tackle the bedrooms, set up the upstairs bedroom, and the kitchen. Alice has a habit of bringing food into the living room and onto the furniture. That stops today. All food will be in the kitchen. I've wanted that rule for awhile, but Sean sits and eats on the couch or bed. I'm tired of crumbs everywhere! So, of course, Alice thinks she is allowed to eat wherever too. And I can't tell her it is not allowed when we have both done it. So we will ALL be eating in the kitchen from now on. Except the baby...he'll eat wherever I decide to nurse him!

So perhaps this whole place will get nice and clean before he comes. I can only do so much, and today I over-did it a bit. It is nice having Sean around.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I really want the eat only at the table rule, but I cannot win Matt over to that.

The Tompkins Family said...

I really want food only at the table too...Samara is a grazer and there are crumbs all over the main floor.