Sean had some news last night. I won't say bad, nor good. The original plan was that he was to be on vacation for four weeks, after this week was over. At which point he would do a week of training and then start driving.
Well that isn't how it is going to work out. He said his training starts March 14th...possibly sooner, but he doubts that. If he doesn't start training when they call him, and he asks them to delay it a week or two, they pretty much told him he may as well not go into driving.
I have faith that what is meant to be, will be, and everything will work out. I don't want him to stay working part-time in the evening and doing construction during the day. That is just way too much. If he goes into driving, he would work 12 hours a day. Which is about what he did with construction and the night job. The only difference is that he would be home more and potentially get more sleep, if he drives. He won't have to add the driving time to wherever they are working (it has been at least an hour drive there) plus between jobs, etc. It would be an hour and a half commute time, instead of three or four!
He said he could just stay with the two jobs. I told him I didn't want him to. Unless for some reason he doesn't pass his training, in which case he won't be taken. It would be a lot easier on him to just do the driving, so I'm hoping and praying that it will work out.
The problem is that I was counting on him being home for four weeks. Regardless of when this little guy comes, it would be a lot easier on me to have him around. He can help out with Alice, and would be here if I went into labor. Now who knows what will happen. While part of me thinks this little man may come early, another part of me thinks I may be in this for the long haul.
My biggest fear is that he will be on the road when I go into labor, and won't be able to make it back in time.
Best case scenario: this little guy comes a bit early (and is healthy, of course), or waits until a Wednesday or Thursday to arrive. That way Sean could take 2-3 days off and we'd have the weekend. Of course, I would be doing everything by myself at that point.
I think his mom and step-mom are planning on coming for a few days (or up to a week). My mom lives about 45 minutes away, and I'm sure she'd be willing to help out a bit. I'm just worried about doing it all by myself!
If the past two days are any indication, I could probably sneak in a 10-15 minute snooze, once or twice a day, without Alice getting into trouble. Yes, I'm that mom that has been falling "asleep" (I can still hear what she is doing-I'm just not capable of moving for a few minutes) and giving her free reign.
So if you could say a prayer that everything works out, I would appreciate it.