Monday, February 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday (picture, update, and Potato Soup recipe)

I was 37 weeks yesterday. I'm tempted to say 38 weeks because that is what the OB has me at, as of today...plus that sounds better. But I'm 37 weeks 1 day today.

This little guy is still moving a ton! Last night I was up and couldn't sleep. I bet even if I could have slept, I still would have woken up because he was moving and it was pretty painful. I really wondered if he was going to pop right through my belly! Here is my belly pic from yesterday.



I will try to get Alice's stats tomorrow when I'm in town. Then I can do her 18 month update. Sean is on "vacation" this week, but he is doing construction in the mornings. So I had a rough start to my day. I ended up dozing on the couch while Alice played.

Quite a few people wanted the recipe for the crock-pot potato soup. So here you go :)

Crock-pot Potato Soup

•Potatoes-peeled and cut up (whatever kind you like and however big of chunks you like)
•Medium-Large onion (I use white)
•Bacon (I use bacon bits, bit you can use "real" bacon and crumble it yourself)
•8 oz cream cheese, softened
•2 small cans cheddar cheese soup (10 3/4oz)
•1 small can cream of onion (you can use cream of celery or chicken-I think the onion tastes better) 10 3/4 oz
•Chicken broth (I usually use a 32 oz container, plus a little more from another one)

I have a 5 or 6 qt crock-pot, so I don't know how many potatoes you will need.

Put potatoes on crock-pot. Add onion. In a separate bowl (make sure it is large) mix cream cheese, soups, chicken broth, and bacon. Pour over potatoes and mix. You'll have small lumps of cream cheese. Don't worry it will be fine in the end. Cook on high about 4 hours, or low for 6-8. I usually stir it once about half-way through, but if you aren't home it will be fine.

Hope you enjoy the soup! You can make this on the stove too, if you don't have a crock-pot. I don't know how long to cook it for, but until the potatoes are tender (or to your liking).


4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

The soup sounds good! I am terrible at crock pot cooking- nothing ever comes out correctly. But I will have to try this.

Carrie27 said...

Looking great, momma!

We have potato soup on our menu for the week. I cook ours on the stove, though.

The Tompkins Family said...

Thanks for the recipe!

Danifred said...

Looking great Mama! I love, love belly pics :)