Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Remember

Don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled and thankful to be pregnant with our second child! There are just some things that I can't do, or have such a hard time doing that it isn't worth the battle. Here is my list, and I'm trying to keep it humorous!

I remember when I was able to:
•shave my legs or bikini area. I still try, but usually it is so painful I give up. Plus the whole having to go by touch on the bikini area is annoying, and slightly dangerous! I'd need to be better left-handed to get the other side!
•Brush my teeth, wash dishes, or cook without having to be a foot away and slightly bent over.
•Reach into the spice cabinet without having to stand on tip-toes or move around to the side of the stove.
•Was able to get up from sitting without making it a whole ordeal.
•Sleep. And comfortably.
•Turn over in bed in seconds flat. Now it takes a lot of psyching myself up.
•Sleep in whatever position I wanted; back, stomach...and without a huge pillow between my legs that makes me sweat bullets half-way through the night!
•Sit on the floor and play with Alice. This I miss the most. I just cannot get up by myself, and it is too painful on my pubic bone.
•Bend down and pick anything up.
•Could go to the bathroom, and not have to go five minutes later.
•Didn't spend half of the day on the toilet!
•Could actually walk, and not waddle!

And I'm sure there are plenty more. Like I said, I wouldn't change this for anything in the world. And I'm not complaining, just reminiscing about the things I'll be able to do again in approximately 33-39 days!!! In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this little man and his kicks, punches, jabs, and rolls!

4 comments:

Carrie27 said...

The end is always the hardest. You get too big, tired, and uncomfortable.

The Tompkins Family said...

It is so hard to relax and enjoy the ride at the end! I think the things I hated the most at the end were the frequent bathroom trips (that resulted in maybe 3 drops of pee?!) and just how tired even the smallest things made me.

Megan said...

I am totally there with you- no complaints exactly, just uncomfortable and hard to do what I want to do! Hang in there- we'll have babes in our arms soon. :-)

Danifred said...

The end is always so rough. Hang in there Mama!