Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

We don't typically do much of anything for Valentine's Day. This year was no exception. My dad came up last night for his annual Valentine's dinner from me. We had steak, baked potatoes with garlic and onion, carrots, and asparagus. I made a caramel apple bundt cake for dessert. He brought me chocolates, like he usually does.

Today, I got Alice roses. They smell wonderful! Pink, peach, and yellow roses. She wants to touch them, but I won't let her. Sean requested chicken cordon bleu for dinner. Of course, I made him what he wanted. I have perfected my recipe, so the next time I make it I will take pictures and share the recipe. It was melt in your mouth delicious! We also had au gratin potatoes and broccoli. For dessert? Triple chocolate cupcakes! They are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate filling and chocolate icing. Sean is a big chocolate fiend, so I made them especially for him. Of course, Alice and I get to enjoy them as well!

Did you get or do anything special for Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

No, nothing out of the ordinary but I want to come to your house for supper!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

I got sick. It's what I've always wanted.

Danifred said...

We don't technically do Valentine's Day here, but Tot insisted that I get a Valentine, so I got some beautiful flowers :)

Carrie27 said...

I am more interested in learning about these cupcakes. Chocolate fan over here.