Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers... The Scrambled Edition



I have been a bad blogger lately. I haven't been posting as often, or commenting on your blogs. Though, I have been reading what I can on my phone.

  • We met with the attorney on Wednesday evening. We have not signed with him, but I am almost positive that we will. After talking to him, I have even more fears about Sprout. Hopefully they will all be unfounded.
  • Alice is a talking machine. She will point as something and ask, "Waz diss?" And we will point to it and say the name. For instance, she pointed at my cookie and asked what it was. I pointed to the cookie and said cookie. Alice responded with "oookie?"
  • My sister and Alice seem to be having a blast with each other! The plus to this for you, my lovely bloggy friends, is that Lindsay has been taking beaucoup photos of Alice so I will be posting some from time to time.
  • Alice REFUSES to call me Mama, Mommy, or anything close to that. She does call me "Sawah". I'm not too thrilled about that. So for future reference, if you should be with me and Alice is around, you can all call me Mama.
  • I started back to work yesterday. It was a bit rough. Today is even more so. I find myself in quite a lot of pain by 5pm usually. This is due to a few things... not taking pain meds during the day (because why would I want to drive all loopy-loo with my daughter in the car), and from sitting/standing all day. If only I could lay down for awhile at work everyday, I think that would help.
  • The insurance company totaled out the car; which I knew they would. We got $2100 for it... quite a bit more than we were expecting, so Sean and I are pleased. Now we get to start looking for mini-vans. We were going to get one sometime after the first of the year, but that is getting pushed forward.
  • Remember when I told you we had a cherry tree (here if you forget). Well that weekend, I went out to pick them and they were all gone. I guess the birds and squirrels had a big feast that evening because they knew I was coming to get them. Oh, and I just remembered to tell you about this!
  • I went to Panera Bread for lunch today. I ordered my usual (You-Pick-Two: chicken salad sandwich and french onion soup... in case any of you come to surprise me and want to bring me something *wink wink*). They put a pickle spear in with my sandwich! They never do that unless you get a whole sandwich! Woo hoo! Lucky day!
  • Today is Friday the 13th. I'm thinking it is my lucky day!
  • I really, really, REALLY need to do dishes this weekend. We seriously have no clean forks, plates, pots, pans, etc. So you can pretty much assume that I have, indeed, been resting myself.
  • I'm so over talking to insurance agents about this accident. Oh, and the adjusters, claims people, and rental car people. Don't they know that I don't feel well and need to rest? From here on out, all calls will be sent directly to voicemail; do not pass go, do not collect $200.
  • I just took a pain pill. I don't think I can go another 3 (possibly more) hours before I get off work.
  • I turned in my release for my severance. After going back and forth about it, I decided to take the 100%. Sean and I almost decided to take the lump sum (you know, to help purchase a vehicle, etc.), but then I decided I felt silly for pretty much throwing away $8K or so. So I will have to call (or go online) to unemployment and the company doing the SUB plan for the bank EVERY week. Ugh! But it will be worth it because I'm getting more money.
  • 3 weeks and 6 days to go until my last day! Which works out to 14 work days! Actually 13 for me because I have Alice's birthday off... and that is a very important day! I think it should be a holiday.
  • Speaking of birthdays, I need to hop over to Jen's shop and order some things asap!
  • Oh, and I want to put up pictures of Sean, Alice, and I either on the sides or on my header. Can anyone help me with this?

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Go check out Danifred's blog for other Leftovers... she didn't have Leftovers up last time I checked, but I'm sure she will soon!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Sarah- I am sorry that an attorney has scared you about the pregnancy...at this point in the game, he/she is so tiny and protected within your pelvis. If you had a heartbeat and things seemed good at your OB visit, while you are not out of the water yet, that is very optimistic. Breath deeply!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, I can't believe Alice talks that much already! I am impressed.

Um, I used to know how to do pictures on the side, can't remember. If you want a header, use Calliope, she did mine, she's majorly affordable (majorly) and really good. Her link is on my sidebar.

Danifred said...

I'm sure that dealing with the insurance is a nightmare. It's never easy to get all of that worked out.
So excited for you and your 14 days. Woooo Hoooo!!!