Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Bad...

Horrible. Bad me! Now for a bazillion updates...

I was meaning to update Sunday, but seems Alice and I were getting a lot accomplished. We mowed the yard... make that push-mowed the yard. And it is over an acre! Do you know how long it takes to push mow a yard? I'm guessing about 4 hours, but we did it in increments of 20-30 minutes (once we got 45 minutes!). Alice was a trooper. I actually think she thought it was funny to watch me. Every time I went by her she would clap. Which, let me tell you, really motivated me to get it done! Oh and she would wave to me too.

Sean was supposed to be home Sunday afternoon. Well, they didn't leave Arkansas until Sunday late evening/early Monday morning. No, I wasn't too happy about that, but what could I do? He got home around 2 pm Monday, and I went and picked him up on my lunch and let him drive my car for the day. Then he returned to pick up Alice and me that evening.

I find it quite odd how absolutely wonderful and charming Alice was while Sean was gone. And then as soon as he gets back, she is a screaming, crying, hysterical mess. Perhaps I should have him go away more often? Or maybe she knows she doesn't get 100% of my attention, and has a problem with only getting 95% of it. Hmm...

Seriously, though, I think she is teething. I have thought this for a few weeks. Mean teeth are hurting my baby. They are making her a fussy mess! Poor baby! I really hope they break through soon. Unfortunately, I do not think they will. I can't see any signs of them yet.

Saturday was fun at Sean's cousin's graduation cookout. It was neat to see Alice with most of her cousins. Oh, and my daughter is a bully! She pushed Olivia down one time, when Olivia invaded her personal space. To be honest, I think Olivia had it coming... she had been poking Alice in the head for quite some time. So maybe she isn't a bully, but a confidant baby who won't take any bullying. Hmm.

Yes, I have pictures. Unfortunately, I am at work and can't upload them here. Plus, I can't find my camera. See, I told you I am bad! I know I had it last night, so it has to be in the car or house... unless Alice threw it out at Wal-mart.

And today, I brought all four kitties in to the kitchen and let Alice "play" with them. Lucky for me (and you), Sean took some pictures and a video (which I will post tomorrow hopefully). At one point, she picked one up by the tail and was heading for her mouth. Which, to be honest, I can't blame her. She does have her mouse, Marty, and she chews on his tail ALL.OF.THE.TIME. Don't worry, the kitty wasn't hurt. We stopped her as soon as she started. Now, to just work on petting the kitties instead of clapping the kitties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for teething! We had about two weeks of hellacious-ness (yes I made up my own word LOL) with Hunter and then two teeth finally broke through the surface (tooth number 7 and 8!!).

HereWeGoAJen said...

Elizabeth is sometimes a little bit of a mess when Matt gets home too. I think it is just TOO MUCH and things are calmer when it is just the two of us.