Monday, June 14, 2010

The Adventures of Alice and Weekend Update

I didn't think that I would be writing of the adventures that Alice got in to for awhile, but apparently that time has come. Beware Internet! I have a feeling the next few years are going to be a bit chaotic with a dash of humor!

I picked Alice up Friday from the sitter's and she had a huge lump between her eyes. Seems Lil Bit thinks she is invincible! She smacked right between her eyes on the coffee table... nice! I kind of figured she would end up with some kind of cut/bruise on her face, as we had plans to go to the Italian Fest Saturday, and everytime we have plans to go somewhere and see people she looks like she got in to a fight with my fist!

So Saturday rolls around. I bought Alice her first swing! We tried it out a few times over the weekend, but I unfortunately do not have pictures. I still can't find my camera. BOO! So next time we swing, I will take pictures on my phone. You'll have to pretend it is the first time she has swung. Okay?

Back to the story... Alice and I headed down to the Italian Fest. By the time I got down there, found a place to park, unloaded the car, and got the baby out of the car the sky was awfully dark and a few raindrops started to fall. So I loaded everyone and everything back in to the car, and sat and waited to see if it would pass. NOPE! So we headed back towards home, and I stopped at a little hole-in-the-wall Italian place, since I wanted Italian. We went home and put in a movie. Alice shared Daddy's rigatoni and my lasagna. She wasn't nuts about the salad, but she loved the garlic bread. Well, a few minutes in to the movie Alice just gets up and walks out of the room. I think I should note that not a light was on in the house, except for a small lamp in our living room and the tv. So I follow her, and find her playing in her room... in the dark. I picked her up and took her back to the living room. Then unfolds THE GAME! You know what game I'm talking about. The one where baby runs off, looking over their shoulder and laughs at you, but keeps running. I find it incredibly odd that she isn't scared of the dark when she is up and playing The Game, but when she wakes in the middle of the night she is afraid of it. Hmm.

Sunday, we played more of The Game. A lot of playing of the game took place. Alice discovered the living room window. Sean was putting in our new air conditioner, and Alice never knew that window existed until then. Also of note on Sunday... Alice can open cabinets that are hard for me to open. I have no idea how she manages this, as I have to have the right leverage to open them. She ended up getting the Comet cleanser while I was in the shower. Lucky for me (and her), I heard unfamiliar noises and immediately jumped out of the shower (suds and all) and grabbed it from her. She did not consume any, thank God! All cleaners are now way out of reach in the locked cabinets.

Alice has also started yanking my glasses off of my face. This irritates me immensely. Over and over and over. Yank, yank, yank. I started "tapping" her hand a bit and saying no. All this managed to do was cause her to smack me. Oh dear... I have a feeling the next few years are going to be rough ones.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

We had to put cabinet locks on every single cabinet in the house. I hate them. We are about to have to add those stupid doorknobs covers too. Frankly, I am astounded that she hasn't learned doorknobs yet.