Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BLAH...and I need your input

Yes, that is how I have been feeling lately. Just blah.

As you probably have noticed, I haven't been posting much lately. I could give you a million reasons if you would like. But I could chop most of them down to just not feeling like it. Sure I could have put up a poorly written (though, to be honest, a lot of my posts probably qualify as poor written) post, but I decided that I was on vacation and I was taking a break from all things... well except taking care of Alice, and housework, and cooking, and yard work, and dishes, and laundry. Which I feel bad about one post I should have done... Alice turned 10 months on Father's Day. Do not worry... I will be posting about that soon (I promise).

I was telling my sister the other day that I kind of felt depressed. Don't worry too much. It isn't anything really bad. Just one of those phases where you wish you could get away from the day to day stuff, but not being able to... so you just slug along. Well, I do, anyway. Plus, we did not end up going anywhere on our vacation. I mean, we could have, but since Sean hadn't worked in over 3 weeks, we both decided it would be absolutely inane to spend extra money that we don't have right now. Managing all of the expenditures on just my paycheck is rough. In fact, I just found out I overdrew my checking account. It is negative about several hundred dollars. Yeah... I know. I work at a bank. I'm normally meticulous with my account. I just have been a space cadet lately and have forgotten about paying some things. Like the electric bill. Geez. Oh, and the three trips I made to the store on the same day and spent approximately $6, $17, and $23... yeah, that cost me $142 instead of $46. I'm a real genius!

But don't worry... everything will be alright. I talked to Sean about my lack of scrutiny with our money and I think he may be taking over bill paying. WHEW! One less thing to worry about. Though, I'm not sure I want to relinquish all responsibility. Perhaps we could co-manage the money. Well, and we also need to get a joint checking account. If you don't mind me asking, how do you and your significant other handle this? Do you have a joint account and separate accounts? Just a joint account? Just separate accounts? Sean wants to have a joint checking and savings, and also separate accounts. If you do that, how do you handle what comes out of each? Separate for "fun" personal stuff? Obviously, the joint account would pay all of our bills, etc.

Sorry about laying my temporary money problems on you. I just had to get it out. I feel better already! :)

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

We've done a system where we have one main account and then each have small checking accounts, linked to debit cards, that we use for fun stuff. That works really well. We call those our allowance accounts.

Danifred said...

Sorry things have been so cruddy lately. We started out with a his/ hers/ ours account and we both paid a certain amount of bills. About a year in, I just gave it all up. Money stresses me out so I handed it all over to my husband. I still have access to everything, I just don't touch it. I know my husband makes the right decisions and I'm not a big spender, so for me, it hasn't been a big deal.