Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Could Have Said I Told You So

...but I didn't. I'm talking about the car and the cracked head-gasket. The irony of the situation? I had said something twice about thinking there might be a crack in the head-gasket or block. Sean assured me it was fine.

Oh well. All of the signs were there. I'm sure it was cracked when we bought it. I am willing to bet the guy that sold it to us knew too. That is why it was so cheap. I just wish he had said something. Sean most likely still would have bought it, and gotten it fixed.

So an update...Sean bought an engine yesterday. He is planning on having a mutual "friend" pull our engine out and install this "new" one. My concern? This "friend" has worked on multiple vehicles, and EVERY time Sean has had to fix a new problem, or the original problem. The guy always ends up with "extra unimportant (his words) parts". So after the last time, I told Sean I was tired of him complaining about the lackadaisical work and to find someone else to do the work on our vehicles, that Sean wasn't able to do.

Sean seems confident he can handle this, so I'm going to trust my husband on this. I just can't get rid of this nagging feeling that I'll be proven right, again. But I am not that person to say "I told you so"...even though I think it every time ;)

*Sean is taking his CDL test right now, so I'll probably come back later and update you on that! He has been there for two and a half hours, so I'm hoping that is a good sign!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good thoughts that the car is fixed properly and that Sean passes his tests. Things have to start looking up! :)

Carrie27 said...

Fingers, legs, toes crossed that he passes!