Thursday, May 5, 2011

Struggling

I'm struggling. I have so much stuff that I need to do, and not enough time to do get it done. I feel like I'm caught in an undertow, and fighting for air!

It doesn't help matters that Alice is teething and cranky. Add in a horrible diaper rash, and yeast infection that requires constant changing and slathering on creams. Then I've got a little fuss bucket, whom does not like garlic, and a mommy who forgets those things. I have been up the past two days with a screaming, gassy baby. Poor little guy!

I probably wouldn't feel this overwhelmed if I had some sleep. I swear I get one asleep and the next one is getting up!

I hate Sean's new schedule. He has been leaving around midnight and getting home somewhere between 2-3. He almost immediately goes to sleep, gets up for dinner, and then goes back to sleep until he gets called in (usually around 10-10:30pm). This sucks! Unfortunately, I think this is how life will be for awhile.

And for those wondering, he does help out some. I just worry about him driving and falling asleep, so I try to enable him to get as much sleep as possible (try keeping a Daddy's girl quiet and away-she went in and threw a few of her toys at him today because he wasn't awake to play with her, and I was nursing). I think it is fair to say she is struggling with this new schedule too. Heck, Sean is also!

I have not had time to read (or comment) on many of your blogs. Please don't take it personally. I enjoy keeping up with everyone. I may only get to you every few days, but I'm reading (and lately doing one mass comment for all your posts-tacky, right?). I'm just doing what I can, when I can. So bear with me. I'm struggling with our new schedule here, and it has thrown me the biggest curve ball. This pitcher is good, but I'm determined not to strike out!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Sarah- I hear you. I am totally struggling also. Weston is teething (sounds familiar) and has an ear infection. Brody is demanding when he wants to eat and I can't get the two of them to sleep at the same time. Add to that, my MIL is coming today and the house is a wreck...oh well- she is the one insisting on coming to play with my child who is sick. I have to find time to do my job too- which is hard b/c it is from home and there are all these other needy people around. It won't last forever, right? Hang in there...I'll try to also.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry you are struggling. It definitely gets better when the little one gets a little older. Hugs to you.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Matt had a similar schedule for a while, where he did nothing but work and sleep, and it was awful. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Sean's schedule TOTALLY sucks. :-( I do feel for you. And just think, it will only get better, not worse, from here. The babies are getting to more of a fun age and will HOPEFULLY start to sleep more. HUGS!

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

I am sorry Sarah. Take a deep breath. I hope Gee's schedule improves before BFM comes along or we will be in a similar boat. He worked 9p-7a and for some reason night workers need more sleep to stay awake at work. Hopefully things improve soon, or someone steps in to give you a helping hand.

Pretty Lil Parties said...

Hang in there girlie it always gets better :) Hugs