Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I have been meaning to post (I have wonderful thoughts and stories in this brain!), but I have been soooo busy!

I hope every one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so glad that my sister talked me in to a blog (even if I only post sporadically). I have met some very great friends, and I feel like I know most of you and your families better than most of my "real life" friends. Plus, you guys are WAY more entertaining! And accessible ;) I always know where and when to find you.

We went up to Sean's mother's on Thanksgiving. I drove there and back (about a 2 hour drive) so I didn't have time to post that day. His step-sister was in town with her two girls; whom I have never met. They are such cutie-pies! Alice had a great time playing with them (they are 1 and 3- well this week they will be!). Friday, we went to my mother's. Pretty uneventful, but it meant a lot to her, so I'm happy about that. Oh, and we did massive cleaning, shopping, and decorating before we went. Saturday, we went back up north to Sean's (ex) step-mother's family's Thanksgiving. His dad and step-mom just got divorced, but they get along and the kids and grandkids are all family! We had a decent time. Alice was pretty bored, and kept climbing on everything. We stopped back by his mom's to visit and play with the girls, which are more her age. So basically, we did a lot of traveling for the holiday. I'll be glad when I don't have to go to three or four Thanksgiving. Not that I'm not glad to spend time with family. I just am tired of driving. I hope to have a big enough house in the somewhat near future (5 years or so) that I can just have everyone at my house. I may change my mind about that...40+ people may be too much!

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

You've got to get less family. We only have about twelve family members, so I can fit everyone in (kind of) now.

Lindsay said...

Your sister has all sorts of good ideas. I think I'd like her.

Danifred said...

I think your sister had a great idea! Seriously, I think us bloggers should start a commune, we'd have tons of fun!