Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bananas!

*Disclaimer: I wrote this over a week ago and forgot to publish it so I'll post it now, you pretend that it is Nov. 13, and then I can resume regular blogging!


Today we went into Cambridge. We took the T in to the city. I have never been on a train, subway, or other public transportation so this was interesting. The T is like a train/subway. At times we are on "ground" level and other times we were below ground. It was about a 30 minute ride. Alice was wide-eyes the whole time and waving to EVERYONE! A few people smiled and would wave, but most people ignored her. How do you ignore a cute, smiling, waving baby?

So we got to Cambridge and took an elevator up. This was the slowest elevator ever! It moved 75 feet per minute (which we saw on the certification upon our leave from Cambridge).




Our first stop in Cambridge, and by far the most exciting was The Curious George shop. My sister told me about this store awhile ago, and I have to say that was what I was most looking forward to seeing.





This store is a dream! Books everywhere! Toys and games! There was something for just about every age range. There was a whole "room" full of baby books. Board books everywhere! I picked out several (I wanted a lot more, but figured I could order them online cheaper). They had EVERY Sandra Boynton book and tons of other stuff. We got a Moo Cow book, a Sandra Boynton bath book, and a Dr. Seuss book with interactive pull-tabs, etc. Alice loved the place!





Then we went to Chipotle for lunch. This was not a fun adventure. Alice was extremely tired, hungry, and her teeth were hurting her. We got more dirty looks and mutters under the breath than I have ever experienced before. The highlight of this, was when Alice wanted to hold her juice box by herself and ended up spraying apple juice EVERYWHERE! I didn't bother cleaning any of it up (except what got on her and me) because I felt these ruse people deserved it!

We then headed out and walked to Harvard. A very beautiful campus. I couldn't believe how clean all of the windows were (inside and out!). I asked my sister if they cleaned them everyday!






Then we headed back to the T station. Alice had passed out by this time, and remained asleep until we got back to my sister's.








2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

WHO IGNORES A BABY? Those people must have been robots.

Danifred said...

Looks like a great time. The Curious George store is nothing short of awesome.