Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers


I don't have much of a brain right now, so I'll make this intro brief. Welcome to the Labor Day edition of Friday Night Leftovers!

  • I am officially a SAHM! Wednesday was my last day of work. Yippee! To be honest, I thought I would be more excited and relieved.
  • Lindsay leaves tomorrow morning. In 12 hours (or less by the time I post this), actually. Boo! I have been trying to conspire ways to keep her here. Any ideas? And quick!
  • It is weird. Lindsay is still here, but I am already starting to miss her. I hate the inevitable "bye for now". I wish she would move closer to home. I would move closer to her, but I have a husband and baby who don't want to move out to the Boston area.
  • This weekend we will be tackling the house. Oh, and going up to Northern Indiana to see Sean's parents.
  • I made a pierogi casserole the other night. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I love pierogis, but I would never make them from scratch. For those of you that do not know what pierogis are, they are like mashed potato (and sometimes cheese or onion) filled raviolis. I will be posting a recipe in the near future.
  • I am really relieved that Sprout was doing well. I guess I was a little paranoid that something would be wrong. Granted, we still have quite aways to go , but as each day goes by, and Sprout is growing big and strong, is a relief!
  • I have been having some severe ligament/pubic bone pain. This started yesterday evening. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with Alice jumping on my belly. I don't have PT until Wednesday, so I'm just trying to ice. When it gets really bad, I can barely walk or move.
  • How am I supposed to take care of Alice when I can barely walk sometimes? Not to mention my back killing me.
  • Speaking of Alice, we went to the pediatrician yesterday because it seemed like someone may have had an ear infection. Nope. Just some ear wax. So I paid a co-pay to get wax out of her ears. Oh, and she weighs 21lbs 12 oz. No wonder I am having a hard time carrying her.
  • So after this weekend, I'm going to be transitioning to a SAHM. I will be coming up with a schedule in the upcoming days, and I will be sticking to it. I may even post it here, so you can yell at me if I don't stick to schedule.
  • I hate a schedule, but I'm a better person when I'm on a schedule.
  • Speaking of schedule, I will be transitioning Alice to more "normal" sleep hours. She gets up between 9:30-10am usually, and goes to bed around midnight. She takes one or two naps a day. Though, she has started this new "won't sleep unless I'm right next to her" thing... so we'll be changing that as well. Any ideas for getting her on+ a normal schedule?
  • I also need to contact the SUB plan people about getting paid. And go to the unemployment office, but I have to wait until I get my final paycheck in a about two weeks.

I hope everyone has a lovely Labor Day weekend. We will be cleaning and doing a lot of housework, but we will also be spending time with family. For more Friday Night Leftovers, stop by and see Danifred.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yes, don't drive her to the airport.

A schedule is good. Elizabeth was much happier at Alice's age when we kept to our schedule. She still is happier on a schedule now actually, but she's a little more flexible.

Danifred said...

Congrats on your SAHM status! Super excited!

Please post the recipe, I'd love to try it!