It's been awhile. I figured since I need to catch up, that FNL was a great time to do that! So without further ado...
• This post is aptly titled. Many, many things have been going on and changing around here. They are also the many reasons I haven't posted in awhile. Once things get settled down a bit more, I'm going to try to post more regularly (don't you wish you had a dollar for every time I've said that?).
• We have a new addition! Four year old, Sadie, joined our family a couple weeks ago. She is a lab mix (probably) and is so well behaved. She is great with the kids! She is a sweet girl, who loves to cuddle and be by my side. Plus...she is housebroken! (I may never get a puppy again) We got her from a girl I went to high school with. Due to unfortunate circumstances, they needed to find her a new home (they had to move and couldn't have pets at their new place).
• I have been continuing crafting...and sewing! Yup! I have taught myself how to sew. I am working on hooded towels, robes, and blankets right now. I plan to open up an Etsy shop in the near future. So stay tuned!
• I finally got in to a pain management doctor (due to all the problems I've had since the car accident a year ago). He did a sacroiliac injection two weeks ago, in hopes it would relieve my pain. Well, it only helped a tiny bit (and made other pains apparent or worse), so I'm going for an MRI next week. I'm sort of hoping they find something because, otherwise, there isn't much that can be done, and this will probably be a chronic problem (insert sad face).
• We are buying a house! Yes, we will own our own home! And I do mean that we will own it. No mortgage! We are paying cash for it. It is a bit of a fixer-upper, but has lots of potential. We sort of stumbled upon it. We weren't planning on moving for at least another year or two, but after paying the rent last week we decided to move. Totally off track, but I feel like I should explain. When we first rented this place, it was a total dive. It took a whole month to get it acceptable to move in. Plus we've done numerous things since. We have always ran it by the acting landlord, who runs it by the owner (she is out of town and supposed to be incapacitated in some manner). Anyway, Sean rebuilt and put a new roof on the outbuilding. It was leaking horrible and rotting. The acting landlord approved it beforehand. Well, due to materials and labor, we ended up not paying rent for two plus months (anything we do they credit it to our rent). Apparently, the acting landlord never approved it with the owner first. So she was upset. So when we went to pay rent last week, the acting landlord had a list of "grievances" from the owner against us. Turns out, this supposedly incapacitated
hag woman has a malicious side, and also too much time and not as incapacitated as it seems. To be honest, nothing on that list was a "legitimate" concern pertaining to renting. She was pissed that the flag blew off it's anchor and was lying on the ground (forgive me-I don't control the weather! We picked it up as soon as we saw it). She was angry about "trash being all over the yard"--umm, first it wasn't every where. Second, her neighbor's dog came over, knocked over the trash can, and tore into it. Sean picked it all up as soon as he saw it. She made it seem like we were in the process of condemning her house! So I went out and started looking for places. I can't wait to tell her to kiss my @$$. Bahaha! Try to find renters that are anywhere close to how good we have been!
• We probably won't get all of the paperwork and money stuff done on the house for a few more weeks. The house is about 15 minutes west from where we are. In a
small itsy-bitsy, teeny tiny town that supposedly has 758 people. I'd be surprised if there were more than 200! The good news...We can get Internet! Yes!!! I will be able to get online on my computer! I will have no more excuses for being behind on posting pictures, etc. WOOT WOOT!
• I am no longer a blonde. Having been blonde my whole life (and never dying it until after Alice was born--roots got darker!), I have always contemplated going darker. Well, I finally did it...I'm a brunette! Not sure how I like it yet.
• Of course, it would be cruel to just say that without posting a picture, so here you go...
I'm sure there are a lot more changes, but those are the big ones. Other than the natives, but I owe them their own posts! For more leftovers, please go check out Danifred!